Monday, 15 June 2009

Buttercream Melts & The Orangery


'The Orangery' soap


and again



'Lychnis 'Gardener's World'


NEW Luxury Butter Melts - to compliment the soap chunks
Yesterday was a very productive day...shame I can't say the same about today.
The heat creeps up on us in England and just makes us react like lazy wasps (sometimes).
Today is one of those days for me.
However, I have been tending to my plants..and so has a little baby bunnykins - who hopped out as I got to the Lychnis (shown above in the pic - isn't THAT a wonderful colour...and not fake at all...some plant pics in mags etc are so ridiculously enhanced and deceiving). She (I think it was a girl) hopped around until she found the door..and off she went. Must've been almost cooked, poor thing.
I cut up yesterdays soap this morn...
I have wanted to create a soap based upon an orangery, in which I used to work. I had a job as a gardener for a lovely local lady, and she had an orangery, which smelled kind of dusty, orangey, grapey and heavenly. So, I chose a combo of Ylang Ylang, Sweet Orange, Cedarwood & ..oops forgot again as I sit here...though I do have it written down (of course).
Anyway, it almost smells how I imagined and I'm happy with it.
Deco, again inspired by pottery and cake. I think the lattice works well with this particular soap bar..and I sprinkled on some dried orange peel and some cardamon seeds, which I de-podded myself. See how much thought, effort and work goes into producing just one batch. Seems that my late night book sessions in bed pay off afterall.
I bid thee good day x

5 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

good day to you too!

TeresaR said...

I honestly thought that first photo was food...looks yummy!

The Bath Project said...

your soap is beautiful! I really like your lattice pattern =o)

FuturePrimitive said...

thank you my deario's x

innerearthsoaps said...

Bet it smells fantastic!