Sunday, 5 July 2009

A little bit of what you fancy


Pelargonium Parfait? French Fancy? Macaroon?


Soap slither sample sets - on sale in my etsy now. (a great way to try before you buy and a great help what with the credit crunch (hate that) and all.
I am a bit of a tom boy at heart.
However, I bloody love pastel pink - so work that out....
This new ORGANIC soap has turned out just the way I hoped. Phew - good job as the ingredients cost like, way more than the norm and I'd hate to waste even a gram of any of the ingredients.
Thinking of a name for this soap is proving difficult. First thoughts are 'Pelargonium Parfait' since there's a lot of geranium oil and rose geranium oil (pelargonium roseum & pelargonium graveolens). That's the first name I can come up with anyway. But it's a bit crap and since this is my 2nd organic batch (which I consider pretty special as they are going to be limited editions in my range), I need to think of something a little more.....erm.....what's the word I'm looking for?
Something with a little more Oomph!
Open to suggestions please....
It contains a mix of organic rose clay, geranium oil, rose geranium oil, ylang ylang oil and lemon oil, along with some organic shea butter and organic soya oil.
The pink I managed to get by mixing the rose clay with a good dose of TD. The ratio was about 3 parts TD to one part rose clay.
Turned out nice don'tcha think?
Got another 3 batches to make....next one coming up soon.
Then, just got to sell 'em.
I'm off out tomorrow to go on a mission to get my soaps 'out there'. I desperately need to push them now. So many of my friends and family love them and it's time for them to be seen by the local folks. So, I'm going into Broadway to some favoured shops to see if any of the retailers would like to try a few on a sale or return basis - seems to be the only way at the mo. What have they got to lose? Not a lot really. No harm in trying is there?
Then, I have to register for a local farmers/retail market so I can sell them once a week on a Saturday. Bummer to give up one day of my weekend but you just got to do what you got to do.
These are VERY trying times.
Hope we all come out of it sharpish.
How you all doin' anyway?

2 comments:

innerearthsoaps said...

Soap looks fantastic. I'm the same as you - I don't have a regular market stall, I just sell online. I hate to give up my Saturdays but I think I'll have to soon!

Michelle said...

Pelargonium Parfait - I love the sound of that :) YOur soaps look beautiful. Love your sample pack.