Thursday, 3 September 2009

join my new facebook group


LAGOON - the best soap I've ever made! (well that's my opinion)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=149056643383&ref=nf
Click the above and join my new facebook group for soapers. If you need a little promo help, it's a great place to start and it's free.
Upload your soap pics and put links to your online shop (etsy, artfire, misi etc).
Start topics if you like....it's a place where you can ask any questions you like.
Want to start soapmaking and don't know where to turn?...just ask...DON'T BE SHY! Everybody has to start somewhere.

How it all began....
I only started soaping about 18 months ago, and have learned so much from all of you out there in bloggosphere. You have been my inspiration, my friends and my soap family. I was welcomed with open arms, so I want to pay a little bit of that help & honesty forward.
Without forums and soap sites, folks find it so hard to find out how to 'really' make soap. Books tell a lot, but people can tell you more due to experiences and trials and of course, errors!
I have had plenty of errors and continue to boo boo - but hey, it makes us stronger and better soap-makers in the long run.
I never set out to do this for a living, but now I can't stop. I love every aspect of the making process, the mixing, the pouring, the peaking, the cutting (yes, i know i tell you all the time) and the stamping and packaging. Love love love it all.
This whole soapmaking thing has shocked me - I never usually stick to one thing and hobbies have never been my passion...but this one - man 'o man, let me tell you...it has become my lifestyle, my solace and has given me a sense of freedom. No matter who has bothered me in my day or made me feel crap for whatever reason.. none of it matters as I know I can come home and make soap and give any bad stuff or crappy people 'the finger'.
I get totally immersed in it, and I spend my evenings either making the stuff or reading about it.
I constantly think of new ideas, of new colourways, of new essential oil blends and of new scents I want to try out. The possibilities really are endless.
You all make extraordinary soap and I love looking at your pics and reading about your daily goings on.
I don't want this to ever stop.
So...do come along and join my new facebook group...and give your business a little boost.
Ta ever so


Tiggy


xx

11 comments:

innerearthsoaps said...

Tiggy, your words are a reflection of my own ... I have dabbled in many crafts over the years but none has stuck with me the way soapmaking has. The possibilities are endless and it is soooo addictive.

P.S. the lagoon soap looks lovely! x

FuturePrimitive said...

'ello...glad you feel the same. it's great ain't it!

Joanna said...

I am in the same boat. Now we rock it!

FuturePrimitive said...

abso blooming lutely!

this wheel's on fire said...

yes, you should buy "naked" :D i had to buy it myself a while ago

Heart in the country said...

Hi

I found your blog after the article in this Saturday's Weekend Magazine. Wonderful soaps, it's a shame that smellyvision hasn't been invented yet for computers!

Your enthusiasm has made me want to try out soap making myself.

Swanee said...

I Feel the same! Just discover you today.

FuturePrimitive said...

you're all wonderfully lovely!
thanks so much.
article will be on blog as soon as i've sorted it out....
xxx

Colleen Hickey said...

Just found your blog, I'm not a soapmaker but I still very much appreciate your paying it forward. Go you!

patricia said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Patricia

http://dataentryjob-s.com

FuturePrimitive said...

welcome aboard patricia!