Sunday, 4 October 2009

tweaking packaging again....!



i've been playing again!  i'm absolutely never satisfied with my packaging.  trouble is that the soap is so decorative that it speaks for itself...but when i'm selling to retailers for stocking in their shops it must have some kind of packaging so as not to gather too much dust (hopefully they're not sitting around long enough)...so, I use a cello bag, tied with organic jute gardeners twine to keep in with the gardening theme.
i then include a card inside each soap to give the buyer a brief description, the full ingredients list (which in the UK you MUST PUT ACCORDING TO LAW), my address (also law), and the website details and the weight (also law).
So, as you can imagine fitting all the blurb onto a card, which only measures 8cm x 6cm is pretty tough going.
So....today, I have designed the label above.  I now have the ingredients listed on the back of the card (duh - why didn't I think of that before?) and a purdy picture on the front with the brief description.
No doubt I'll change them a little more...just to get 'em to my liking, but I'm quite chuffed with these after 2 hours sitting with photoshop etc...

If you have time, I would like your thoughts and feedback.
If you were a consumer (who actually bought soap instead of made it yourself) would you buy my soap with a packaging card that looked like this?
Obviously I need to do all the other soap cards too but since my 'Floral Marquee' has just finished its curing time I thought I'd start at the beginning.  I can be wise at times see....!
x

7 comments:

Dan Finnegan said...

Very Handsome, indeed. I love the spirals, too. My soap is wending it's way across the ocean now and I'm looking forward to the unveiling!

innerearthsoaps said...

This looks lovely!

Tonia said...

Love the new labels!

FuturePrimitive said...

coolio!
thanks Dan. unfortunately you have the old packaging...but never mind.
thanks I E and thanks Tonia!

this wheel's on fire said...

I really like that packaging! Very cute :D

And I've never seen "Scandal". You think I would like it? You can probably tell my taste from my blog xo

this wheel's on fire said...

I will try to get my hands on a copy!

Teresa said...

I like the packaging! Packaging is the bane of my existence - I am always tweeking and tinkering and never satisfied. Wish I could just design and make soap!!!
Love your soap and blog!
Teresa