Saturday, 17 October 2009

Two New Soaps
















'Elijah's Comfort' - made for the memory of Matt's Great Great Grandfather, Elijah Comfort who was a potter.  In this soap I have included some Australian red clay, some rose petals, and the fragrance is a light, lemony tea rose. 



















'Angela's Orchard' - perfect for this time of the year, this has been made with an apple walnut fragrance. I don't sense much walnut in it, but it does smell like warm, tangy apple pie. On the top I (well my sister) sprinkled some demerera sugar and some ground cinnamon.  After we'd covered it up for it's sap. period it decided to get mega hot and melt the sugar on the top. Not the result I was hoping for, but it's actually improved it. The topping is like a crunchy crumble topping.
The name..? We sat down for a little think, and I came up with Angela's Orchard. I used to work as a gardener and at the back of the house were orchards of plums etc, which gave off an amazing aroma of deep fruity goodness..so.....there you have it..the scent in the bottle reminded me of those orchards and the ever so lovely lady who owned them.


















And now...for something a little different.  I've been thinking about offering gift boxes for a while, and am tweaking things here and there.  For Xmas, we are all giving handmade presents, and so I'm having to put my creative head on - rather than just hand over the usual bars of soap, I want to make something a little more gift like.
















Inside the 'Botanical Collection' box. 6 soaps scented with essential oils. 
We have 'Sundown' with petitgrain, orange, geranium & lemon. 
'Walkabout' with tea trea, eucalyptus, pine, geranium & clary sage.
 'Lagoon' with lavender, patchouli & geranium.
'Geranium & Patchouli Slice' with...well use your noodle.
'Herbaceous' with thyme, sage, rosemary, marjoram & lemon myrtle.
'The Orangery' with sicilian orange, cardamon, ylang ylang & cedarwood.

















And finally...a wall of all 16 soaps in my little range.  I aim to have 8 soaps in each section. 8 botanical, 8 fragrant, and 8 organic.
So...back to the pad 'n pen to think up some more new dreamy soaps.

7 comments:

innerearthsoaps said...

These look FANTASTIC!

Hannah said...

Hi Tig,
Your blog and sites and soaps all keep looking better and better. It's beautifully presented which can't fail to tempt people. Good luck with the run up to Christmas, hope you get lots of sales.
best wishes,
h

FuturePrimitive said...

Thanks IE!
and thanks Hannah! I just mess with my blog and website all the time. I like so many different styles and can never decide upon one..so I just change 'em!

Amy W said...

Lovin' the wall of soap! You have a wonderful collection already...

this wheel's on fire said...

What a beautiful wall!

Joanna said...

Oh my, I am getting all wiggly in my seat looking at all those gorgeous soaps!

WOW!

FuturePrimitive said...

thanks girlies. i get 'wiggly' too when i made 'em. i just love it! more to come..new ones made. just got to shift my ass and upload the pics. soon...