Friday, 9 April 2010

me likey

I trawl through Etsy a lot.
It's my favourite shop of choice (mostly). I've been doing some swaps and have bought a couple of items recently so thought I'd share 'em.


The lovely Sharon from Morgan Street sent me this little package after I'd mentioned how I wanted to try the Parma Violet soap on Twitter. She DM'd me and said I could 'have' a bar and that she'd throw in a lip balm too. Ain't that the sweetest thing! Love Sharon so much. She really cracks me up on the Twit. My mom loves her too.
Check out her Etsy quick cos she's about to have a re-arrange and is closing it for a short while.
I gotta tell ya, the soap is absolutely amazing. I have tried lots of soaps, but this is the first that has really made my skin feel ultra soft. Really good stuff.


A fragrace sampler by 'The Morbid The Merrier'.
These are wonderful. Little tiny bottles of potent perfumes made by Lysa. Lysa is ace. I love her hair, I love her makeup, I lover her shop style. The Carnival Freak Show thing she has going on just gets me every time. LOOK AT THE FONT! I know, sad ain't I...but I love this stuff.
If you want to revel in her delights, go to her shop here.


'Jungles of Brazil' by Skin Journey.
Upon first sniff, I thought of ripe tropical fruits, a smidge of mud and a droplet of green notes.
I re-apply this all day if I choose to wear it. I love it. It's a strong scent, but doesn't linger around forever. If my hair touches my neck, it smells of this perfume all day though. I love their style too. Contemporary, and city like if that makes sense. Skin Journey also make amazing products for the skin....and soaps too. Their Etsy is here.


Dress Green...what can I say. This woman is a master of her art. This is the 2nd pot of this cream I've bought. It's the don. My usual cream/balm of choice, especially for nightime use has always been Decleor Essential Night Balm. Pricey to say the least. This little pot here works the same wonders at a fraction of the cost. The ingredients list is mega. Lauren includes wasabi root, green tea, goji berry, licorice & pomegranate in this little pot of goodness, along with a lot more. My skin is so soft and plumped up after using this. I'm an addict...and the smell is lovely. Tea Tree, Sage & Lemon. I've blogged this cream before...you may remember.
Anyhoo, her shop is here.
Check out the amount of feedback....now that's a woman doing the right thing!


This pot 'ere is MINE! I don't sell any other products than soap as I'm not certified too. However, I make them at home for my own use. This is a new brown sugar scrub I made a couple of weeks ago. Inside is Demerara sugar, caster sugar, calendula infused sunflower oil, a shed load of organic shea butter, cinnamon powder & an amazing essential oil blend. The same blend in fact as my 'Harvest Moon' soap. It scrubs, it softens, it moisturises and it smells like heaven to me. Certainly no need for body butter afterwards. The consistency is like cookie dough. I love this stuff. I may branch out eventually once I'm happy with other products I make....but until then, I'll leave you envious (or not!).

Hope you enjoyed this post. I'm off to make that graf soap I've been harping on about.

5 comments:

Amy Warden said...

Mmmm - all great loot you've got! I love how giving the soaping community is. Such a treat to be a part of it! Even your own sugar scrub sounds delish!

Teresa said...

I am hungry!

innerearthsoaps said...

Ooh, lovely products! I've been wanting to try The Morbid The Merrier perfumes.

Alexandra Mason said...

Great finds....your sugar scrub sounds fantastic xx

annia said...

Thanks for sharing :) I am an etsy addict too and always like those reviews!