Tuesday, 27 July 2010

'Blood On The Moon' - the new Humbug!


A close up - Blood on the Moon handmade soap!


'Blood on the Moon' - sitting schweeetly on a Dylan Bowen slipware plate


'Blood on the Moon' logs.

Humbug has been re-vamped!
I made a dud batch a little while ago. I had used a red clay around the 'moons', which when wet made a bit of a mess...but it came off the soap like blood, which was pretty cool.
I had the new name for Humbug...but knew the red clay was a no no really...just a bit too messy for my liking.
So....back to the drawing board.
I have added a few more balls to the equation and the scent has been tweaked.
Instead of adding Marjoram (which was great for strengthening the mint) I have chosen Lavender. I no longer add Madagascan Vanilla...as I found it too sweet.
This needs to be spicy but with an air about it.
So...we have aloof Peppermint, spicy Spearmint and airy Lavender (officinalis - not angustifolia).
It has the scent I wanted originally!
I also added more white than black...well equal amounts, rather than 3/4's black, 1/4 white.
I think the contrast is great.
And...the soap on the Dylan Bowen plate looks awesome!

12 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

the soap is like little works of art- love the look!

Jabonera said...

A beautiful soap with the contrast of colors. Congratulations on your work.

texia said...

Muy lindos jabones
Un abrazo

Jennifer Young said...

My god... this one is GORGEOUS. I love this one Tiggy. xo Jen

FooFooBerry said...

This is beautiful and I love the colours you chose.

FuturePrimitive said...

thank you. it's the same old one pretty much...but re-vamped. been around for about 2 years.
x

innerearthsoaps said...

New design looks great! x

Anne-Marie said...

Contrast is totally awesome. Love the red clay idea on the moon...the effect turned out great!

FuturePrimitive said...

Hey Erin & Anne-Marie!
Thanks for your comments.
Anne Marie - we had to dump the red clay idea as it was too messy and a little too red...so we are back with the cocoa...which still creates a little aura around the moons.

Ambra said...

Really, really great! I love your soaps :)

Amy Warden said...

Beeea-utiful! The contrast really is stunning. And I'm sure it smells fabulous as well!

TheSoapSister said...

Unbelievable! A soaping triumph! How is that even POSSIBLE??? I'm in awe! ~Becky