Thursday, 22 July 2010

...walk with me


...come this way


....take a sneaky peek


....do you see the King's men?


....there's a lot of them. You can never ever count them...ever. It's impossible.


....the backside view...with the Oxfordshire countryside in the distance


....The Whispering Knights


....look into the centre...you will see everybody's wishes cast with a penny


....The King


....blow this up and have a read...it will save me telling you!


....blow this up too...there are wishes tied onto this tree
The Rollright Stones.....just a 20 mile drive from our house.
Matt and I took a trip up the other day for a bit of a 'get away'.
We're not having the easiest time of it at the moment, so we needed some kind of release.
I took a pocket full of coins, and drove up to this stone circle.
We made our wishes and had a really lovely stroll around.
This place is surrounded with myth and folklore. It has a very special feeling surrounding it. It feels warm, homely, safe and calm. People come to the king's men stones to sit and ponder, to cast spells or to make a wish. Around the 'whispering knights' are many people's wishes and spells cast into the centre with all manner of divination paraphernalia.
Across the road is the King Stone.
He stands alone looking over the other side of the valley towards the Vale of Evesham.
At Samhain you will not usually be allowed to enter. There are secret ceremonies almost annually....I shan't tell you what I've seen in the past. Some of it isn't very nice, but it sure is interesting and intriguing to say the least.
On 'our' day, the sky was blue with whispy clouds, a cool breeze with a hot sun.
It was a perfect day.
For those who wish to learn more about The Rollright Stones, click here to see the website.

10 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

thanks for the walk, what a place!
I enjoyed this but I will just have to cast my wishes from here

Tracey Broome said...

Hope your wishes come true, and hope they included that wonderful place you visited a few weeks ago, I still think about that building. Good things have to come to you and Matt you are good people!! Just keep making your wonderful things!

Topcat said...

Thank you for sharing your walk with me Tiggy. What a wonderful place! Keep looking forward and regardless of what is happening now, your future will be amazing :)

FuturePrimitive said...

Thank you all.
It is a magical place. So peaceful.
And thank you for your words of encouragement.
It's true, times are really really tough right now, but we have each other and can see light!
x

Jennifer Young said...

Thank you for sharing the photos of that magical place. I was really sorry to hear that you have going through tough times... sounds like you know how to look after yourself... I also take to nature when I am down... and often during tough times I am my most creative and produce my best stuff... I think because of the intense emotion. Wish you well. Sending you a big hug from the Mediterranean. xoxo Jen

Jennifer Young said...

Tiggy, Can you help me? I am trying to find Orange 10fold, here in Europe. I have found 5fold at Fresholi. Can you recommend anywhere I can get more obscure oils? Also looking for a good Vanilla EO and some sort of coffee if it exists? Thanks! You can email me at jenorasoaps@yahoo.com xo Jen

FuturePrimitive said...

Hi Jen

Sorry...I don't use 10 fold, but I'm sure Helen has started to stock it. Check out Fresholi again.
No idea for coffee!
Sorry!x

FuturePrimitive said...

Jen, I sent you an email.
I have a bit of info for you xxx

patti said...

i just love those whispering knights!
i can hear them if i lean in close enough.

FuturePrimitive said...

Hi Patti. They're pretty darn cool ain't they! They do look like they're plotting something though... x