Friday, 20 August 2010

The crackle of autumn


A cotswold wood






It's coming...no doubt about that.
So....what do us soapers do now huh? Well....our cauldron's are at the ready and we shall be concocting all manner of autumnal scents to suit the falling of leaves and the run up to Halloween.
I have just ordered a shed load of autumn fragrance samples, which will be narrowed down once I've tried and tested my favourites.
You know I don't usually combine any scents other than pure essential oils, but lately I have found so many new and exciting fragrances that I HAVE to share them with you.
I shall be making combo's of fragrances mixed with absolutes and essential oils as well as some resionous material too.
I can't wait to decoct this stuff! Our kitchen will smell proper good.
I am being very selective with my pickings.
I have been making notes for new product names too and have come up with some corkers!
Some of the fragrances I shall be using will include honey, leather, incense, plum, amber, sandalwood, oakmoss along with nutmeg, coconut, cinnamon, leaves & figs. A little later will come scents such as mulled wine, black spruce, berries & winter warmers.
Combining these will be fun and I shall keep you all updated with all the new stuff, which will be landing in our Etsy & Big Cartel shops soon.


Keep 'em peeled...


Have I tempted you?

8 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

Those new fragrances sound sooooooooo wonderful! I am ready for fall now. I felt a little touch of it in the air this morning but it's warming up fast out there. I wish you lived a bit closer, so I could just stop by and stock up on soaps any old time!

Britton said...

Fig is one of my favorites! No doubt you'll make some amazing blends this fall. I'll definitely have to get my hands on some! Excited to see what you come up with!

Xo!

FuturePrimitive said...

Thanks Gals! Tracy...you blew me away yesterday...just you wait! I have a little post coming up..but I gotta have a good think about the wording.
Brits...thank you. I'm super excited at this time of year. I have a little trip to Glastonbury planned so will be stocking up on my resins etc for new proddy!
I can't wait to see all of yours either. You're amazing!

innerearthsoaps said...

Sounds great! We are getting into spring on this side of the hemisphere, but I'm already thinking of xmas scents which are actually quite 'winter'!

Dan Finnegan said...

Hey Miss Tiggy! Time flying as it does I leave Tuesday for home. Sometime at the end of September Toff will be shipping me a big box. Would you be able to deliver soaps etc. before then ?
It was great to see you both again!

Topcat said...

Your scent possibilities sound very intriguing Tiggy....looking forward to what you develop and how you name your creations too :)

Splurge Sisters said...

Your scents sound wonderful. Fall is my favourite time of year and pumpkin spice is one of my favourite FO's. Yours sound wonderful too.

Amber said...

I am so, so ready for Autumn here! It has been a terribly long, hot summer and I am done. I haven't made a bit of soap in months. I am ready to stock up for the holidays!

Your fragrances sound perfect and I wish I could smell them all. :)