Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Inspiration...don't let it get the better of you.

"Something I'd like to point out is how important it is for any artist, designer, photographer, writer to find our own voice, our own way of doing things, to find ourselves in our work. It is difficult to focus on what we want to do when out there is a vast ocean of inspiration, and I enjoy watching other artists' work too, but I think it is very important to stop looking outside and start searching inside when it comes to creating our work. I believe this is priority, it's a way of respecting others as well as respecting ourselves."

I have taken this excerpt from Tracy Broome's blog, which I love to read daily. Her blog is full of 'the good stuff' and her creations amaze me. Her writing is thought provoking and it makes me feel homely. Check her out and link her up....oh and look at the barns she makes!

This post spoke to me and so I'm giving a heads up to all of you who read my blog.

Take Stock. Take a moment. Look within. Find your own way. Be proud of your own work.

Some set themselves apart, some don't.
The ones that do speak volumes to me and I thank you for it.

4 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

alrighty, good tip! Hullo to Matt and faline!

Tracey Broome said...

Thanks for the shout out Tig, wish I could take credit for the quote, it's a good one. Your blog also gives me lots to think about, and I am still using the potter's soap, can you believe how long it has lasted? Love it! You are certainly on your own path and a good one it is too!! It was nice reading a cheery post from Matt, things look good for you two :)

FuturePrimitive said...

Thanks Gazzykins, and thanks Trace! Thank you for your thoughts and for your comments. Things do seem to be looking up, and about time too I may add! We've been through the mill lemme tell ya! x

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Tiggy, you hit the nail on the head! To this day, I struggle with this, so it's nice to see some of my favorite people put it into perspective for me:)