Friday, 24 September 2010

One Ring....


The Woods on Bredon Hill, Worcs - the inspiration for a new soap.


'One Ring'



It may not look like much but there are 10 different fragrant components in this one along with freshly gathered moss and an incredibly rare incense.
The incense came from a little shop in Malvern, Worcs, which I visited last week - The Emerald Grove. The incense is called 'God's Smile' and has been made since 450AD. The first half is made by the monks in one monastery, the other by the monks of another monastery. Neither of the monks knows what the other puts in so it is a very well kept secret.
It is only available in this one shop in the UK and they're moving further away...well to Ledbury, which is one of the most beautiful towns so I shall go and see her...may even take her a chunk of this 'ere soap.
I had to put it into soap didn't I? Couldn't help myself!
Very oddly, I can detect the scent too...although I must admit the scent is wonderful when burning on a charcoal disc.
It smells just like an old church...in that good way. Very woodsy with a hint of spice and citrus top notes.
I have 5 different essential oils in here and 5 different fragrances. The scent however is very very subtle.
Every time I smell it I'm reminded of Lord of The Rings so the name just stuck as 'One Ring' and is inspired by this:

One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them

The moss on the top made me think of the 'fellowship' so there we have it.
A Tolkien inspired soap.

5 comments:

innerearthsoaps said...

Beautiful Tiggy, I love it!

Celine Blacow said...

Just watched Lord of the Rings again yesterday... lovely, I love incense, very mystical.

TheSoapSister said...

That is one unique soap -very nice! Outstanding soap photo, as always.:)

Amy Warden said...

Oh wow! Talk about a one-of-a-kind soap! Neat story too. :)

beth bacchini said...

your soaps are so so beautiful......congratulations....