Friday, 1 October 2010

2 New Soaps...and soap size news


it doesn't come with the fancy feathers! I had a play about!



Hi all
2 more new handmade soaps are now in the line up at FuturePrimitive Soap dot com.
In addition to our recent 'One Ring' soap, we now have:

Inches Lane - a soap inspired by my Grandma and Grandpa and the lane on which they used to live...and where I lived with my Mum for years. This was the bestest and most beautiful home. Not a big house....but a good old fashioned victorian house with wonderful features (a larder, an open fire, 2 living rooms, a lovely long back garden full of flowers and the most beautiful south-facing view). I've always said that if that house ever came back on the market I would buy it if I could afford it....dreams, dreams...
The aroma coming off this soap is very much like my Grammy's old medicine cabinet. The cabinet had a chicken wire front and was painted green...and inside were all manner of medicine's - like Vicks Vapo Rub, Bandages, Plasters, Germolene...yanno..the usual Grandma medicine cabinet. Something for all ailments.
A blend of Rosemary, Pine, Eucalyptus with Patchouli (a smidge) and Citrus.
It contains poppy seeds to lightly scrub and the colour is like my old school uniform. White with droplets of navy blue (made with charcoal and real Lapis Lazuli - not ultramarine, which is the chemical synthetic version).
Love this soap.

Next up is the long awaited 'Rook and Raven'. This is a blend of Sicilian Orange and Black Patchouli with a drydown of Sandalwood & Vanilla.
Honest to GOD the scent of this is absolutely stunning. I have brought it out for Halloween, but I've a feeling it may stick around longer.
I am hooked...totally. I have to keep sniffing it as I walk past the curing room. I have been wearing the perfume for a couple of weeks and I love it.
Such a warm, cosy, winter scent.
This again contains activated charcoal, lapis lazuli but this time is mixed with deep purple ultramarine. Matt loves this! It does look very dark and mysterious.
Both new soaps will be available mid October...keep 'em peeled!

Now for some news...
Our soaps have gotten smaller! Don't all gasp...!
This will make them more accessible to all from a postage cost perspective.
We have a lot of customers in the states and across the globe who love our products but don't love the postage costs.
As you know our soaps are a rather large 6oz, which is 2oz larger than your average bar.
They are lovely and chunky and we love them but we have concluded that in order for them to be available to all with a low postage cost they need to be smaller.
So...the mail order soap will now be 4oz in weight. They still look amazing and will not change in any other way.
The postage to the US has now dropped from a whopping $6.50 to just $4 per bar (or thereabouts...depending on the daily exchange rate).
The price of the bars has also dropped by £1. All are now £3.50 per bar!
This price will probably have to rise on some of the limited edition soaps but for now the price stands, which should help with those xmas purchases.
We hope you understand our decision..
The soaps avaialble in the shops will still stand at 6oz..apart from in the states where they are 4oz anyway.
Overall conclusion is that everybody can now enjoy our soaps for a much more reasonable price, which means you can buy more at once!
Can't be bad can it.

7 comments:

Jennifer Young said...

Love the blue from Lapus Lazuli!!! Wow! Never heard you could colour that way. Looks beautiful. Hope your new sizes go well for you although I must admit I loved the chunky thick look of your old soaps... xo Jen

Shannon said...

I love your soap but im a little stumped on how your base is still white if you used vanilla? I love your products so wonderful!!

innerearthsoaps said...

Oooh! Love the sound of rook & raven!

I've played around with the idea of making my soaps smaller too, but I just can't do it ... I love big chunky bars too much!

xx

Teresa said...

Spectacular as usual, Tiggy!
Cheers!
Teresa

FuturePrimitive said...

hi all.
thank you for dropping in.
the chunks are still available in the shops as large bars...just not online. it's not so bad though, you're only losing like 5mm on the 4oz soaps. still looking good!
Shannon...the vanilla is in the dark blue black 'Rook and Raven' soap...not the white one!
x

Amy Warden said...

Spectacular! I love reading about your inspiration for your soaps. And I hope the new sizes do work better and you sell lots & lots!

Splurge Sisters said...

They are both stunning but I love the look of Inches Lane with it's clean white background and the pretty touches of blue on top.