Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Shores of Fiji...a proper introduction


The perfume in a 5ml apothecary bottle


The Shea Butter Sugar Scrub - 200g jar.


The Bathing Grains in a 250g ziplock bag.


Shores of Fiji was created a little while back and kinda took a backseat whilst all the products for Halloween were introduced.
Now as my mind rests before I tackle Xmas production, I find myself in need of a holiday.
I'm not going to get one....
The next best thing for any beauty product junkie (like my good self) is a good long soak in the bath and a good ol' dream of lounging about in the South Pacific.
So....what have I been reaching for?
Yep...my own product...my own little holiday in a jar/brown bag/bottle.
My own island paradise without the cost of the air fare.
The scent is wonderful. It's not a mix of essential oils, it's a heavenly blend of fragrant oils.
The top notes are sun-ripened Mango with a faint hint of pineapple and sugar which then blends into a creamy toasted coconut base.
How could I have neglected this???!
It's super good.
Last night I sprinkled some grains into my bath and lay back in the tropical - scented waters for a while before scooping out a generous amount of the sugar scrub. The scrub texture is like a really thick cookie dough. It's not sloppy, it's firm in the jar due to all the organic Shea butter I've lashed into it. It works a treat on knees and upper arms and of course the backside area.. ; )
It leaves the skin super soft without the need to use a separate moisturiser afterwards, which is great for people like me who can't be arsed to mess about after I dry off. I just want soft skin without putting an hour's worth of effort into it.
The scent from the scrub lingered a good long while too, which is a bonus.
After I'd made these 2 products I set about making a perfume oil to match.
I did it!
I like to layer my products so I get a good hit of the scent yanno?
So from Bathing Grains to Sugar Scrub to perfume....I'm all set for my little fantasy.
Blue skies with a few whispy clouds, hot sun, the scent of limes on a sea breeze, a cool glass of margharita in one hand and a plate full of lobster in the other...it can be achieved..with a little bit of imagination...and with this little range of SHORES OF FIJI
PS: there is no soap in this range....should I make one?!

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

I can feel the breeze from here- sounds wonderful and I can see myself there as well...........

Everything Shea ... Creates said...

Great pictures of some great looking products!

You make a good shea butter scrub if it's like thick cookie dough. Nice that you don't have to stir it up.

You should make a soap in the Shores of Fiji range as that would probably do very well. Also, people love the romance of the South Pacific & during Christmas season you might get lots of interested bathers! :)

Shannon said...

you should make a soap. It would be a well rounded bathing experiance! :) It all sounds so wonderful!

Amy Warden said...

Sounds fantastic! I'm still using my Caribbean Diva tester bottle of lotion - very fruity & coconut-y. I love it!! Definitely go for the soap!

Splurge Sisters said...

The photos are great, I feel like I'm on a tropical island just looking at them.

FuturePrimitive said...

thanks all! x