Thursday, 4 November 2010

671 Lincoln Blvd....


Cut 6oz bars of the Christmas soap some of you saw a few posts ago. I seem to be writing so many posts lately I can barely keep up with meself!
This ere soap smells like a proper cold Christmas morning. There are hints of Spruce and frosted berries with a hot pine finish. I adore it. I usually tire of fragrances but this one is something special. It's a blend of a few different f.o's, which have all complimented one another.


Notice how the swirl worked in this bit? I did a you tube video where I spoke of the funnelling I wanted to do but the soap moved quickly so I just couldn't do it. It would have been amazing! Maybe next year...
I did manage a couple and the pattern in this looks like strands of wool to me. The majority of the soap bars come with a plain white base however...with swirls of green, red & white with a dusting of 2 glitters. HOooo HOoooo!


Here he is in his packaging. A nice deep red with deep khaki green banding and random snowflakes.
The name...c'mon now...surely you know this one?

17 comments:

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Gorgeous soap lady! I love the packaging too:D

Peacecat said...

Oh so pretty. Perfectly Christmas. I admit, I don't get the name so I Google searched it...Home Alone, maybe?

Anne-Marie said...

Thanks for remembering to post cut pictures! This is such a gorgeous holiday soap. I love the deep red packaging too- perfect finish. :)

Topcat said...

Wonderful soap, wonderful packaging, the scent must be amazing Tiggy!

Jennifer Young said...

Gorgeous soap. Your colours are so vibrant... especially the green! Tiggy - you have won one of my salt soaps from a contest a few weeks ago... just send an email to me at jenorasoaps@yahoo.com with your address and I will send it to you! xo Jen

EveButterfly said...

Wonderful colours, perfect packaging, fancy name. I love the dark and strong red. What kind of color is it?

FuturePrimitive said...

Hi EveButterfly.
What kind of colour? Do you mean what did I use? If so, red clay and green oxide x

TheSoapSister said...

Hi Tiggy,
These are really cool...perhaps next year a 671 Lincoln Blvd. shaving soap and matching AFTERSHAVE would be in order?;)
Love seeing your work -like talent in a bar!

FuturePrimitive said...

TheSoapSister...it took me a while but I got it in the end!
'AAAARRRRGGGHHHH'! xx

FuturePrimitive said...

Jen!
I emailed a couple weeks ago and again today.
I hope you have it now!
xx

charlie said...

No, I don't know!! Am extremely behind with films and such...only just watched Wicker Park which was years ago, had never even heard of it or Elizabethtown. I'm trying to catch up!
Love your description of the scents by the way!

FuturePrimitive said...

It's HOME ALONE everybody. This is the house number and street!
x

Lyn said...

Beautifully created soap and WOW wishing I could get a wiff of this one :0) Artistry is what comes to mind when I think of your soaps :0)

FuturePrimitive said...

Hi Lyn
What a lovely thing to say!
But you too make beautiful beautiful soaps!
x

Splurge Sisters said...

It's so pretty and Christmas like. I love packaging and wasn't sure where the name came from so I googled it and saw Home Alone mentioned.

EveButterfly said...

With "kind of color" I meant, did you use soap color or clay illit or other thinks. But you already anwserd - it is red clay. My red clay is not a red like this, more a brick red. However - this soap looks wonderful. ;o)

Teresa said...

Magnificent - as usual!