Thursday, 9 December 2010

CPOP pics - Herbaceous Handmade Soap


a slab of herbaceous soap


herbaceous logs

more logs and more logs below!



Hello again.
If you click and enlarge you can take a good look at how these soaps turned out after being oven baked on a very low heat for 1 hour...then left in the oven overnight.
These were so nice to cut and not at all messy like my usual cold process soap.
As you can see they came out really well.
This of course is not to say all CPOP soap will come out so well....time will tell and I'm sure I will have more hiccups as I progress with this method.
For now, I'm loving the immediate results. It's fantastic to not worry about cure times at the busiest time of the year.
These I will leave a couple more days to fully harden.
The No.11 soap I cut the other day looked the same as this only now it has been left a good few days, it looks just like regular cured soap.
So happy!
x

9 comments:

Joanna said...

I am so happy for you. I must try again. My epic fail must be turned around.

:D

FuturePrimitive said...

And so it will be dear Jo Jo.
Keep at it. My first batch was kack but this one is fab.
You can do this...keep going. You'll see
If you want any more help, give us an email
x x

Splurge Sisters said...

The logs look great.

You are going to become addicted to this method. I've heard the soap doesn't last as long as regular CP but I always make it when I'm short on time and so far it's worked for me every time. I prefer it over hot process as you can be more creative.

Joanna,

Try a lower heat to see if that helps.

FuturePrimitive said...

Thanks Splurge. I will give 'em a whirl and see how long they last.
I do have a tendency to keep on washing once I crack open a new soap so mine never last that long anyway..we'll see.
x

Jennifer Young said...

Thanks Tiggy for the Tip! I have only ever used CPOP on my salt soaps but I think I will try it as you had on some of my other soaps! I LOOOOVE the look of your herbaceous soap... xo Jen

FuturePrimitive said...

Hi Jen
thanks! yanno...i never did get that salt bar... x

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Looks pretty darn good to me! I love CPOPing:D

Carmen said...

Maravillosas y preciosas esas barras.
Besos
Sabons CArmeta

Amy Warden said...

Just gorgeous! Finally getting caught up on all the CPOP news. I added a bit of stearic acid to my last batch of Stress Relief soap to get it to harden up sooner. I think it may have done the trick! Hadn't thought to do CPOP since my molds are too long to fit in the oven.