Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Snowfall in our sleepy little town of Evesham


Pretty lights in the trees - the park side of our river


'Trying' to get dark...I love the light in this pic.

The river starting to freeze!

One of our finest trees covered in lights. You can purchase a bulb each year to honour a loved one..usually one who's passed over.


The view from the workman bridge...




Matt and bird friends


A lovely snow-laden tree in the meadow.


Frozen river..again.

A beautiful sun aura.


The top of the Abbey Park.

Our trusty old Bell Tower.
Hope you enjoyed those! I've not seen snow like this here since the 1980's and it's showing no signs of stopping yet. More is expected today! Haven't driven for almost a week now and don't intend to. Shopping has been a proper chore. I remember my Mom doing the shopping this way when we were kids...so I'm not going to complain that I can't take the car to Tesco. I'm just getting on with it. I'm doing my xmas shopping in short bursts with large reusable bags. Yesterday I did the meat shopping and some xmas pressies.
Today it's vegetables and tins. I'm not looking forward to the tins at all...so I'm going as local as I can then will trudge into town for more fun and games and money spending. Surprising what you can get in town these days! I'm enjoying myself!
Yesterday I got a maxi dress, some new knickers and a pair of shoes for just £11. Even the girl at the till laughed when she gave me the total.
Merry Christmas to all who read my blog....hope you're all having the most wonderful time too.
I have until 4th Jan off work at my part time job so expect a lot of new soap pics! How excellent to have all that time to do what I love to do.
Wooo Woooo!
xxx

8 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

beautiful pics :) merry Christmas to you all!

FuturePrimitive said...

and to you Gazzy Kins!
Merry Christmas!
xxx

cookingwithgas said...

what a beautiful winter wonderland you have.
The pictures are great.
I look forward to your new soaps!
Have a relaxing and fun Christmas!

innerearthsoaps said...

That snow looks totally amazing Tiggy! Enjoy your white christmas :)

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

Oh, to live with such beautiful landscape surrounding you. One can see how it might influence your soapy creations.

Topcat said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful pics Tiggy.

Have a wonderful festive season and make sure you rest up well xxx

Splurge Sisters said...

I love the river starting to freeze photo with the green lights. It looks so pretty and your photos are great. Have a wonderful Christmas. I'm on holidays too and so enjoying my time off.

Jennifer Young said...

Merry Christmas to you too. What a beautiful post and photos. I blogged about you the other day Tiggy, passing along a blog award. You may wish to come by my blog to see it. Wishing you all the best in the festive season. xo Jen