Monday, 7 February 2011

White Witch..she's back





She's been away for a little while. I was waiting on my Geranium oil supply, which had increased in price I may add! Almost doubled since the last time I bought it.
So...I had to wait before making this new batch. I had a little time to think about a few tweaks to make her more sumptous.
She's not too different..but she got a little fatter and her top half has increased in size (hmm..bit like my good self).
Drizzled over the top of the peaks is a lovely Organic Cocoa Butter. You can't really see it as it melted into the still-warm soap a little but there is a very slight crust.
The scent is stronger and more potent.
This soap is the creamiest I make but I can't tell you why that is. Whether the E.O blend has something to do with it I'm not sure...it's the same base oil mix as all the others but it just lathers into a thick cream like no other. A good thing but I wish I Could explain why.
I guess some things are just magic and outta my control!
Anyways...she's back in the shop and on Etsy if you'd like a chunk of her.
x

10 comments:

Amy Warden said...

How interesting! So what else is in this one besides the geranium?

Teresa said...

This is my FAVORITE!

Jennifer Young said...

I love the look and sound of this soap! I make a soap with Patchouli and Geranium (not bourbon) as well which I adore. I am also currently waiting for an order of Geranium EO, which as you say has rocketed in price. I found a pretty good deal at Fresh Skin, which I think is a company that you referred me to!! Thank you. Loooove the look of your soaps. xo Jen

AromaBeauty Natural Soaps said...

Oh no, has geranium gone up again? so glad I bought a large bottle last time. I love the look of these, they are very beautiful and your tops are great.

FuturePrimitive said...

Hi Amy! Hope you are well. The soap is fragranced with Bourbon Geranium and aged Indonesian Patchouli. It smells delish!
xx

Teresa...thank you!

Jen...thank you too. I need a lot of Geranium oil as I use it a few of my soaps and perfume oils. The last time I got some for an amazing price...but now the supplier has sold out so it must've been a one off. I shall suffer the cost this time, but it means some soaps etc will have to increase in price! Not good!

Thanks Aroma!
x

Splurge Sisters said...

It looks beautiful and I like the new touches you added.

FuturePrimitive said...

thank you x

Anne-Marie said...

I hate EO price increases! That's the hard thing about a natural product though. Clove EO is almost impossible to find right now, makes me so sad =(

I do love how creamy this bar looks though!

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blackpeppersoaps said...

I love the name White Witch - it seems perfect for this bar of soap.