Sunday, 15 January 2012

Green Room - a new soap

Cut up logs...do you see? do you see? It's only a cocoa line innit?!

A closer shot. Got that topping super white and made some super cool little wave crests with my chopstick.

A few cut bars.

Ok, so I made this new soap the other day for the spring line. I wouldn't normally show any of the soaps until the release is due to go live but this one I just love so wanted to share it.
The name Green Room is surf speak for riding the barrel of a wave. The aqua colour mimics the colour of the wave wall, whilst the white resembles the light shining through the break.
The blend is gorgeous. Uplifting and grounding at the same time. It's a blend of Rosemary & Spearmint with added Ho Wood oil and a smidge of Mandarin (hands up who loves Mandarin as much as me!).
The little bits inside are soap noodles - the offcuts from the edges of my bars after I've beveled them.
The base colour is a combo of green oxide & ultra blue. The cocoa line (yep sure is) and then a stark white TD topping dusted with Seaweed powder. 
I simply cannot wait to use a bar. 
Now onto 2 more new spring line soaps, of which both will also be scented with 100% pure essential oils.
We will also have a range of other products with some fancy schmancy fragrances (scrubs, body whips, whipped soap and aromatic oils) but for now I'm loving dreaming up new eo blends. I got the bug again!

7 comments:

innerearthsoaps said...

Love the new soap, sounds very refreshing!

twobloomsdesignstudio said...

I love the blue and the scent sounds amazing. I too love coming up with new EO blends.

Michelle

Topcat said...

Tis beautiful Tiggy xxx

Artisan Soaps said...

*hand up*

I bet that smells fantastic - so glad you got your bug back hehe :P

Urm the blender one that is! I know you've been feeling poorly :(

Tiggy said...

Thanks Gals!
Erin, you're a genius...blog post coming up re our swap. I'm in heaven!
Two Blooms - thank you! EO blending is my favourite thing in the world...always has been even before making soap. I've been making house blends lately too..yanno for spring cleaning. Wonderful!
Thanks our Tan!
Clear...you're a dol! xx

eblouissante said...

I love that the little detail of the soap noodles in the green - they look like bubbles passing through the wave.

The Soap Sister said...

That is one enviable soap -I would say it has it ALL: lovely color/ composition, (including the "Tiggy Line" a signature of FP if ever there was one)interesting texture on the tops and within the bar (nice!) and I can imagine that the scent is grand. Always fun to see what you've been up to, Miss Tiggy. Thanks for sharing. ~Becky